You have problems with a credit card purchase on Coinhouse: the transaction has failed.
Why is this?
1) The credit card is in your name and you have enough money in your account
However, it is possible that your credit card transaction is refused by your bank or by our Payment Service Provider, one of the largest European providers. There are several reasons for this failure:
- Refusal of your bank: Some prepaid cards or online banks like Revolut or Monese do not work on the platform. We invite you to try a card issued by another institution or to contact your bank to have more information. It is possible that more traditional banks may also refuse the transaction, sometimes still being hostile to cryptocurrency purchases although Coinhouse is registered by the AMF and supervised by the ACPR, the same regulator as banks....
- Refusal by our payment provider: Your payment was not accepted by our provider. We do not have any additional information on this subject. We invite you to try again in a few days or to purchase via a bank transfer
- Insufficient funds or maximum purchase amount reached: You need to contact your bank in order to fund your account or increase your credit card limits. In some cases, we have noticed that you have to ask for an increase of the withdrawal maximum amount in an ATM because your bank considers us as an ATM. We are trying to work with them to improve this.
2) Card legitimacy and verification by authentication (SMS code or signature on banking application)
- Please verify that your credit card is in your own name and not in the name of another person or company
- Please check that your credit card is issued by a European institution
- Please check that your credit card is not a prepaid card that does not mention your name
- Please verify that you have used the correct CSV code (3 digits usually located on the back of the card)
- As on most merchant sites, our provider requires the validation of your purchase by a 3D Secure authentication system provided by your bank (sending a payment validation code by SMS or signature on the mobile application of your bank). Ask your bank for more information.
3) For any other reasons, please read this article