In our opinion, the Coinomi wallet seems to be the most reliable at the moment. It offers a wide choice of cryptoassets and a good level of security. You can download it directly from the Play Store, the app will be installed in the usual way.
Setting up the wallet
- Open the app and select "Create a new wallet"
- On the next screen, a list of 18 words in blue will be displayed; that is the backup for your wallet. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you record this list of words on paper and keep it safe. It is impossible to take a screenshot of these 18 words; doing so will invalidate the backup.
- This list of words will enable you to recover access to your funds in the event of a phone loss or removal of the app.
- Once you've recorded the backup, tick the 'I have safely stored my recovery phrase' box and click 'Next'
- On the next screen, you will have to choose a password that will allow you to secure your wallet. You will be asked to enter this password every time you want to send funds from Coinomi to another wallet.
- This password must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 digit and a minimum of 8 characters. It is important to remember this password because if you forget it, you will be unable to withdraw your cryptoassets from your wallet.
- On the next screen, the list of cryptoassets available on Coinomi is displayed. Select the ones you want to access by ticking the boxes and then click on 'Finish'.
- Your wallet has been created, congratulations!