In our opinion, the Coinomi wallet seems to be the most reliable at the moment. It offers a wide choice of cryptoassets and a good level of security. You can download it directly from the Play Store, the app will be installed in the usual way.
Setting up the wallet
- Open the app and select "Create a new wallet"
- On the next screen, a list of 18 words in blue will be displayed, that is the backup for your wallet. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you record this list of words on paper and keep it safe. It is impossible to take a screenshot of these 18 words, doing so will invalidate the backup.
- This list of words will enable you to recover access to your funds in the event of a phone loss or removal of the app.
- Once you've recorded the backup, tick the 'I have safely stored my recovery phrase' box and click 'Next'
- On the next screen, you will have to choose a password that will allow you to secure your wallet. You will be asked to enter this password every time you want to send funds from Coinomi to another wallet.
- This password must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 digit and a minimum of 8 characters. It is important to remember this password because if you forget it, you will be unable to withdraw your cryptoassets from your wallet.
- On the next screen, the list of cryptoassets available on Coinomi is displayed. Select the ones you want to access by ticking the boxes and then click on 'Finish'.
- Your wallet has been created, congratulations!