NOTE: Ledger extensions on Google Chrome can no longer be downloaded, as Ledger has now put into place a standardized app, the Ledger Live, but can still be used if already downloaded on your Chrome navigator.
To open your Ethereum account:
- Open your Ethereum application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting:
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Launch the Ethereum Chrome app on the Chrome or Chromium browser on your computer
- Chose ETH if you want to manage Ethereum, ETC if you want to manage Ethereum Classic
- It will open your Ethereum (or Ethereum Classic) wallet
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Ethereum transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Ethereum app on your device. Without the device, the app won't launch.
You'll then have to choose on your computer between Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. Please be careful to choose the right wallet as it would be difficult - but not impossible - to recover tokens sent on the wrong account.
For each sending transaction, the application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign, by confirming on the device that everything is alright.