What you will need
- 20 minutes
- A computer connected to internet equiped with Chrome and the Ledger Wallet Ethereum Application. If this application is not yet installed, please consult our Installation Guide for the Ledger Wallet Ethereum.
- Your Ledger Nano S, equiped with the Ethereum Wallet. If this wallet is not yet installed, please consult Ledger Manager Usage Guide.
- Connect your Nano S, and unlock the PIN le Nano S
- Open your Ethereum (ETH) wallet via the "Ledger Wallet Ethereum" wallet
- Copy your Nano S ETH wallet address and paste it in a text format (you will need it in order to redirect your ETH towards your ETH wallet once you we have access the ETH stored in your ETC wallet)
- Press 3 times on the right click of your Nano S. "Quit App" will appear, and you can then validate by pressing both clicks of your Nano simultaneously.
STEP 2 :
- Go to myetherwallet.com
- Chose the "send Ether & Token" tab
- On your Nano S, chose the Ethereum Wallet by pressing both clicks of your device briefly simultaneously.
- Chose "Ledger Wallet" and then"Connect to Ledger Wallet"
- On your Nano S, validate the "Ethereum" wallet by pressing on both clicks. If nothing happens, this is because your Browser Support is disabled. In order to activate it, please consult the Browser Support Guide.
This option is a security one: it enables you to connect to your ETHEREUM wallet either via the Chrome Ledger Wallet application for standard operations (BROWSER SUPPORT => No ), or for you to connect your wallet myetherwallet.com for advanced operations (tokens ERC 20, ETH on ETC address ETC, transaction signatures-- option BROWSER SUPPORT => Yes).
- At this stage (once you've activated "Browser Support" onYes), the myetherwallet website recogniwed the Ledger and a dialogue box pops up, asking you "Select HD derivation path"
- Chose" m/44'/60'/160720'/0' Ledger (ETC)" in the offered choices and select the ETC address towards which you'd like to send your ETH, and then click "Unlock your wallet".
- You now have access to your ETC interface on MyEtherWallet. You can consult your ETC on on the bottom right : "Account Balance"
STEP 3 :
This stage reached, you have direct access to the funds (now it is possible for you to move them from the ETC interface to an ETH address).
- Insert your ETH address covered during STEP 1 in the "To Address" (remember to only copy paste these addresses, the error risk is too high otherwise).
- Insert the amount in ETH that you would like to recover (you can begin with a small transaction amount if you wish), be sure to chose "ETH" in the choices that appear.
- Click on Generate Transaction and confirm.
- Your Ledger Nano S will be updated as soon as the transaction is confirmed (remember to disable the Brower Support option > NO to consult your Ledger Nano S in the future via the consulter Chrome "Ledger Wallet Ethereum" application)