NOTE: Ledger extensions on Google Chrome can no longer be downloaded, as Ledger has now put into place a standardized app, the Ledger Live, but can still be used if already downloaded on your Chrome navigator.
To open your XRP account, just:
- Open your XRP application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting of this Ripple app
Ripple > Settings > Browser support
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Close all other wallets or manager on your computer
- Launch the Ledger Wallet Ripple on your computer (not from Chrome)
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Ripple transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Ripple app on your device. Without the device, the app won't launch.
For each sending transaction, your application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign by confirming everything is alright on the device.
In XRP protocol, to create a new account you need to initialize it with a funding of at least 20 XRP. An account under 20 XRP is considered as not exiting. Thus, your balance must always be at minimum 20 XRP and you are not allowed to make transactions that would result in your balance going under this limit.