|We recommend that you first read this article on securing your Coinhouse account.|
This article explains how to recognize online or by phone fraud attempts to help you avoid them and to have the right reflexes in order to secure your Coinhouse account.
First of all, you should know that Coinhouse will never ask its customers for their login information or passwords. Coinhouse will never ask you to send funds to an external wallet.
Coinhouse can only contact you by email via email addresses ending in “@coinhouse.com”, any other type of email address ending in “@coinhouse-cryptos.com”, “@cryptos-investment.com” or other endings different from the first are very often scams. So be careful and look at the email address of the person who contacts you.
Here are the different types of online/phone fraud you may face:
- Identity Theft: Someone could pose as a Coinhouse investment advisor to try to take funds from you. Under no circumstances will a Coinhouse employee ask you to send funds to a Wallet address to which you do not have access or request your login information.
- Email Phishing: Coinhouse may contact you via email, however, Coinhouse will never ask you to provide personal information, passwords or send funds to a Wallet address to which you do not have access. In general, you should never send funds to an address belonging to someone you don't know or trust.
- Contest Winners: A very popular scam in recent years in the crypto world is to trick someone into believing that he or she has won a contest with multiple Bitcoins as prize, and that person needs to send a certain number of funds to a certain external address in order to unlock access to the price.
- Intermediary between Coinhouse and its clients: Some people may suggest that you create a Coinhouse account for you, in order to grow your investments with the ultimate goal of withdrawing your funds. Even in the presence of an intermediary (such as a wealth management advisor or a private bank), the business relationship will always be between Coinhouse and the end customer. Several sites have been identified as specialists in this type of scams: "https://innerbrokers.com", "https://fr.kiplar.com"... You can consult the blacklist of the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF).
- Impostor Websites: Certain websites are sometimes created for the purpose of withdrawing your funds. These websites are very accurate replicas of the official website. You have to be careful not to get the wrong website, these websites steal information from careless customers. Here is a non-exhaustive list of websites that have passed themselves off as Coinhouse to customers: “coinhouse.eu”, “coinhouse.munich.com”.
Sites not registered in France by the AMF and allowing the purchase, sale, exchange and custody of cryptos / digital assets: We remind you that these activities require a mandatory registration of the platform carrying them out with the AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers) upon the approval of the ACPR, as long as the said platform is aimed at French customers. This applies to both French and foreign platforms. Addressing French clients without registration is therefore prohibited and may lead to sanctions. Customers of these unregistered platforms may encounter difficulties, for example with their bank. The list of registered platforms is available on the AMF website. Coinhouse and Coinhouse Custody Services were the first registered platforms in March 2020.
Here are Coinhouse's official social media pages:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coinhousefr/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CoinhouseHQ
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinhouseHQ
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coinhouse
- Youtube: Coinhouse - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › channel
Here is the phone number through which Coinhouse can call you:
- +33 1 82 88 29 51
Our official phone number:
- +33 1 53 00 92 60
In the event of any doubt or suspicion of fraud, please do not hesitate to contact Coinhouse customer service. This will allow us to prevent this same type of fraud in the future, but also to help protect you in the event of a legitimate attempt at fraud. During an action or transaction on your account, you must be extra vigilant to avoid these frauds.
Finally, we strongly recommend that you use double authentication with a mobile application when creating your Coinhouse account. We explain everything here.